- EiF's words
- Big Interview
- Editor's Blog
- Comedians' words
- 10 Questions
- First and Worst
- What's in your Edinburgh Luggage?
- Comedians' Blog
- Reviews round-up
- Top 40 Fringe tips (I)
- Top 40 Fringe tips (II)
- Who's who #4
- Top 10 newcomers
- Who's who #3
- Top 20 free shows
- Who's who #2
- something different
- Who's who #1 - johnny foreigner
- Day planners:
- Day planners:
- Fringe 2012 - a ruddy thorough introduction
- Ed 2013 coverage
- Ed 2012 coverage
- Ed 2011 coverage
- Ed 2010 coverage
- Ed 2009 coverage
Charlie Baker – 10 Edinburgh questions
Not every day you get a stand-up say 'love saved me from myself', but here we go, it's comic, jazz singer, dancer and all-round showbiz polymath (?), Charlie Baker on his new show
1. What is your show about?
It's about various stages in my life where I've shown too much or too little confidence, about being an annoying showbiz child and how love has saved me from myself.
2. Describe it in 3 words.
Funny, confident, flawed.
3. What is your favourite part of the show?
Currently the Luther Vandross section makes me giggle every time.
4. Complete this sentence: if you like ... old-school showbiz ... then, hell, you might just like my show.
5. If your show were a dog, what type of dog would it be?
Any dog as long as it's wearing a hat and on a bike.
6. If you could change one thing about the Fringe, what would it be?
Nothing it's perfect. Maybe give everyone a year off next year but other than that it's ace.
7. Name 3 other shows you'd recommend seeing.
Josh Widdicombe. The Horne Section, Suzi Ruffell.
8. What would you be doing this summer if you weren't in Edinburgh?
Travelling Europe with my family.
9. What is your favourite karaoke song to do?
Something Inside So Strong by Labi Siffre. Islands In the Stream or Where Is the Love if doing a duet.
10. Will you be showcasing your musical talents in your show?
Of course, its part of what I do. Jokes, singing and dancing will always be in a Charlie Baker show.
Here's a taster of Charlie doing his thing ...